Thursday, July 28, 2011

Easy 5 Frames

I had these paint samples lying around from when I was choosing paint for my shelves at school and I thought about how perfect they'd be as 5 frames. I just need to cut off two of the sections and ta-da I'll have brightly colored frames for my first graders to use at the beginning of the year. I may even glue two of them to a piece of cardstock to make 10 frames (or I may just print some off that I've already downloaded this summer). I got these samples at Wal-Mart in case you want to go grab some too.


In other news, my chair makeover is complete! Thanks to a lot of help from my mom this chair is ready for read alouds. I love it! Here are the before and after pics.







12 comments:

  1. You are a genius. These are often used for scrapbooking but I have never known what to do with them in the classroom. I keep thinking flash cards of some kind. Love this idea and love the chair. I am feeling a bit dotty right now!
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chair! The colors are great!
    Great idea re: the paint samples. Kids will love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea with the paint samples! I was just thinking I would go to Wal-mart and grab a bunch, but they might think it's weird if I snag a whole stack {handfuls} of them! :) Well.. maybe I'll just start my collection now- a little at a time! hehe.. Thanks Melissa!

    http://firstgradejabber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chair came out great. It looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paint sample five frames are great. I've been waiting to see your chair makeover. It is beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea on the 5 frames! LOVE the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chair looks great!

    I love that 5-frame idea....I'd probably tape another to the bottom and it a foldable 5 OR 10 frame so the kids can just unfold or fold it closed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily- love that idea. That's just what I'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melissa,
    Love this idea! And... the chair is ADORABLE!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Love the chair! Totally adorable!
    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous you got that chair for $3!! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the combo of the blue and black & white. And the polka dots!!! Love them! :-)

    ReplyDelete