Sunday, February 12, 2012

Heart Shaped Boxes

Just an idea in case you picked up some of those heart shaped boxes at Target or Dollar Tree and don't know what to do with them. I got mine last year and used them in a word work station (here's an old post). I'm only teaching math and science now but I couldn't waste these cuties!

We just finished working with money so this will be a math station activity for the next week or so (or until everyone gets a chance to complete).
Did you notice my little note inside of the lid? It's so the kids will be sure to put the coins back where they belong (because you know they'll mix them up!).
Here's a recording sheet to go along. Happy Valentine's week!

4 comments:

  1. great idea, I've loved seeing all the cute ideas out there for these little containers!
    Amy
    TheResource(ful)Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm going to use my hearts over and over again during February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I plan on doing with my boxes. I love the idea of the "little note". Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this great idea!

    Sarah :)

    The Eager Teacher

    ReplyDelete