Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Spelling Activity

This week my kids practiced their spelling words using these little guys that I picked up at the Dollar Tree last week.

Each heart has the scrabble tiles to make one of our spelling words. You could also use letter beads or cut up paper letters. The only trick is to be sure the kids don't open a few at once and mix up the letters. But they did well keeping them in the correct heart this week. So we'll do it again next week and maybe the whole rest of the month. Here's the recording sheet for this activity, just click the picture to download. I might make a new recording sheet and ask them to add up the points for each word.



5 comments:

  1. Ohmyword! I love this! Thanks so much!
    =Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Blog! :) :) :) I just got started too!

    http://teachinggracefully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e (scrabble style spelling haha) idea! I'll have to think around the heart motive since I found this blog too late.... hmmm.... OO shamrocks! Thanks for the motivation!

    http://kdoublestuffed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete