Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yard Sale Find!

One reason I love Saturdays so much is because it's yard sale day! I found a bargain today and it's going to be my first summer project. My husband said I could only have it if I promised to take it to school- he says we have no room for more chairs in our house!

I'm thinking I'll paint the wood aqua and find some black and white polka dot fabric (since that's kinda the theme in my classroom). Or do you have any suggestions to make her cute? Also does anyone have tips for recovering? I figured this wouldn't be too hard since it's a simple design. I can't wait to fix her up! Here's the very best part:
I'll post after pictures later (much much later!).

5 comments:

  1. I hope it won't be much, much later. I can't wait to see what you do with her. You got a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So cute! You inspired me! I think I will look for a treasure like yours.

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recovering is SUPER easy if you have a good staple gun. Make sure you use thicker material because thin material tends to tear easily and wrinkles when you sit on it. When you are stapling the material make sure you pull it tight. :) This is going to be Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I yard sale all the time!! Practically my whole kindergarten classroom is furnished with fun things I find at yard sales. I feel like I hit the "jackpot" when we come to a sale held by a teacher or a teacher who is retiring. You just can't beat the deals! I just linked my page to my mom's website - she goes every Saturday. :o)

    http://sothentherewere2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete